The University Vocational Awards Council (UVAC) is a not-for-profit organisation set up in 1999 by the higher and further education sector. We provide an independent voice for our members on matters relating to higher level vocational learning. Our mission is to champion higher level vocational learning.
UVAC has a membership of approximately 80 universities, colleges, corporate members and Lifelong Learning Networks. We have a strategic relationship with the Lifelong Learning Network National Forum and provide the secretariat to the Mixed Economy Group of Colleges.
We believe in:
- The importance of meeting the higher vocational learning needs of individuals and employers
- The validity of work-based routes into vocational higher education – with no artificial barriers
- The value of experiential and reflective learning
- The value of work-based and work-related higher education learning.
- We work with our members and others to influence the quality and value of higher vocational learning
- We research, provide information and organise events to support our aims
- We support the recognition of prior learning and the national application of credit and transfer between educational institutions
- We work with educational institutions, employers, governments and national agencies to enhance graduate employability and progression
- We strongly encourage the use of National Occupational Standards (NOS).